Cameron Lelai Murray

Cameron Lelai Murray

Thursday, June 16, 2011

But we are missing someone!

I have decided that 3 is about the perfect age for all things theological. I am amazed at the things that Gretchen says that ring so true spiritually. She has said several times...

"Mama, God is in China taking care of Cameron, Jesus is in Heaven holding baby Jason, so who is here with me so we are not lonely too?"

Me: "The Holy Spirit!"

G: "Yes, that's right. He is the one who makes me feel safe when I am trying to sleep."

Yes, that's right people, my 3 year old grapples regularly with trying to figure out the Trinity!

Gretchen has always been very attached to both Geoff and I- in different ways, but equally close. She pretty much prefers when we are ALL together. "Team Murray" is a phrase often said around here, and we all feel the same about the idea of "best" is when we are all here together. The fact that Cameron is in our hearts and not physically in our home and arms yet has been weighing heavily upon us all. More and more, both of his big sisters talk about him and when he is coming home. "Are all the papers done yet, Mommy? When are you going to China to get my brother?" Lately, the conversation has focused more about his absence.

We are finishing up his room and the girls love to run and play there. I will post photos of his room when we finish this weekend. Madelyn loves to point out all the turtles and frogs and screams "Look, Mama! Cameron's fwoggies! Look, Mama! Cameron's turtles! Look, Mama! Cameron's bed." As Madelyn was jumping on his bed today, Gretchen put her head down and said "but, we are missing something. We are missing Cameron!"

When we do a group hug, one of them usually shouts "Team Murray!" but for the past few weeks they make sure they mention "not all of Team Murray is here. We need Cameron!" They couldn't be more right. We do need him here. I have been waiting for this little man for 29 years. 3rd grade is not too early to start planning your future. :) It's been a privilege to watch the rest of my family develop a deep love for this little boy who is still on the other side of the world.

Well, I am happy to report that it's time. Finally. A week from today (yes, next Thursday!), I will be on a plane to pick up the newest member of Team Murray and finally hold my son. June 27th has been a special day on my heart for 5 years since it's the day my sweet husband was born. Now, it's also the day that is Cameron's "Gotcha Day" and will be celebrated in our family for the rest of our lives! Looks like the blog entries are going to be frequent now. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. This is so incredibly sweet. I cannot wait to see these three kids together! Siblings at last! We will be holding you in prayer as you travel. What an amazing adventure God has in store!
    :) KJ

    ReplyDelete